Business Analysts play important roles on our projects: performing research and analyses, engaging with partners, and supporting the project team. We have a wide breadth of projects and we try to match our analysts’ skills and interests to specific projects whenever possible. Typically, business analysts will:
- Conduct research and data analysis to generate meaningful insights
- Share analyses and insights both in writing and verbally for variable audiences
- Support the project team by managing work plans, preparing meeting materials, and following up on next steps from meetings
- Demonstrate initiative and independent problem-solving
- Effectively manage time and schedule
- Develop knowledge of partner issues, needs, and context
- Make frequent use of Excel, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Word, and PowerPoint.
In case it is helpful as a reference point, this role has similar responsibilities to a Business Analyst at McKinsey, Associate at BCG, or Associate Consultant at Bain. Travel varies by project but on average you can expect to travel once or twice a month.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- BA/BS with strong academic background
- An ability to focus on solutions and to follow through
- Analytic and writing skills and experience with spreadsheet and presentation software
- Effective communication skills with an ability to share and synthesize knowledge
- An ability to think strategically and anticipate future opportunities and challenges
- A commitment to staying organized
- An ability to navigate ambiguity comfortably and meet frequent deadlines
- An ability to connect with people both on an individual level and in groups
- A sense of humor and ability to work in a dynamic environment
We’d be especially excited if you’ve worked in the education sector. If you have any prior experience using R or GIS software, please don’t forget to mention it.
Location: New York City metro area, Seattle, or Washington, D.C.
**Due to COVID-19, all offices are operating remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return. **
We are a proud Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
To Apply: Email a resume to email@example.com.