- An industrial or electrical engineer passionate about data science.
- Carry the responsibility of two contrasting roles, data analytics and liaison engineering support of aircraft electrical production operations.
- Serve as the assistant administrator, programmer / data analyst, of software tooling used to complete bi-monthly Labor Accounting Activities for the group.
- Responsible for building and maintaining the data layer for our analytics stack, top to bottom.
- Span multiple disciplines from data engineering to data analytics and visualization across all stages of data maturity for the purpose of delivering robust Business Intelligence solutions.
- Consider software engineering best practices including version control, automated testing, documentation, code review and continuous integration, as essential to any data stack.
- Transforming data and assisting management in the development of software solutions used in analysis.
- Undergo graduated certification to become a functioning member of an experienced electrical engineering team supporting aircraft electrical modification.
- Work with their experienced team members to support aircraft electrical wiring / component / system issues discovered during modification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Eligible to obtain U.S. security clearance
- Data science: 1 year (Preferred)
- Visual Basic / Visual Studio / SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Electrical wiring / components / system understanding, and experience is highly valued.
- Possess technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in MS Access / MS Visual Basic is required.
- Design, develop and maintenance of scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc.
- Write complex, production-quality (i.e., accurate, performant, and maintainable) data transformation code to solve the analysis needs of business stakeholders (ex. MS Access, MS Excel, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Analyze assigned projects for data quality issues. Troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise.
- Automate standard report creation and sharing using tools or scripts
- Convert raw data into consumable information applying business logic and utilizing clean engineering workflows
- Ensure that data, systems, architecture, business logic, and metrics are well-documented
- Support the acquisition of external data sets, interpreting data layouts, structures, fields, and values to incorporate new data into the core analytics database
- Serve as a catalyst for sharing knowledge, information, and ideas throughout the organization
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Filter and “clean” data.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Motivated individual with strong analytic, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Interface with internal business customers and execute analytic projects to solve complex challenges.
- Draw insights from data and clearly communicate findings to stakeholders and external customers
- Provide exceptional customer service to stakeholders through project execution and timely delivery of solutions
- Experience as a self-motivated data analyst or business data analyst is highly valued.
- Experience in data modeling and light business financial understanding is highly valued.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.