LAC Group seeks a (Virtual) Technology Intelligence Research Analyst for a full-time, staff position embedded with our client; a Fortune 100 Global corporation in the energy sector. This can be a great opportunity if you are passionate and enthusiastic about new technologies, innovations and advancements in global energy, new energy sources, uses and applications, new tools, systems, etc. and their impact on the environment, industry and market sectors.
This position is part of a progressive global business intelligence team supporting research and business development initiatives. This role will work independently as well as within the greater business intelligence team providing research, analysis, business/competitive intelligence, market research, patent review, etc. all in partnership toward identifying and supporting actionable new business initiatives and furthering overall corporate and business development goals.
Ideal candidates will have relatable experience especially in growth industries / sciences (tech, energy, chemical, etc.) Additionally, experience with a range of databases and resources like Pitchbook, CB Insights and other market intelligence tools is a plus. This is a growth-oriented full-time position is location-agnostic but synchronized to the timelines and business needs coming from client locations in the US as well as UK and mainland Europe and China. Candidates can be located anywhere in the US or Canada.
- Independently conducts retrospective literature and patent searches on technical and business topics for the research and development staff; In addition, be capable of conducting insightful and informative review and analysis of information to supplement / complement this research so as to add to the requestors overall understanding of the information
- Produces and distributes regular alerting bulletins covering business, marketplace and technical subjects of new and / or recurring interest to the company – especially in the areas of hydrocarbon processing, petrochemicals and biofuels.
- Monitors new developments and commercial activities of competitor companies in key emerging technologies. Provide market intelligence in sync with internal business partners and business development initiatives.
- Provides analysis of above search/monitoring results to create periodic reports, including graphical representations and summary conclusions.
- Interacts with senior staff in the group and other business units to help assess information needs and suggest projects or services where Technology Intelligence can best meet those needs.
- Presents research results and graphical analysis to staff, e.g., in a variety of methods ranging from onsite to zoom, skype, telephony, etc. as needed.
- Works with other team members to implement and sustain information services, including those linked to the LIS website and delivered via SharePoint.
- At least 1 year of experience in technical information research and/or analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related sciences.
- Experience with tech/market intelligence databases/search services such as: Pitchbook, CB Insights, Dealroom, Alphansese, and others
- Experience with a range of industry-related databases and search strategies is a plus.
- Experience with data analysis, data mapping, visualizations, etc.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, enthusiasm and interpersonal skills coupled with a passion for synthesizing complex data points into actionable insights.
- Comfort and confidence to effectively deliver findings, presentations, analysis, recommendations, etc. as well as be a source of authority within the team in support of the work you do and the intelligence and analysis contributed