LaunchBay (based in North Billerica, MA) is a small company focused on product development and commercialization. Our team focuses on transforming early stage concepts into practical solutions to some of the world’s most challenging problems. We are looking for graduate student interns to assist with optimization of pilot scale production projects using artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML).
· Work closely with other chemical and mechanical engineers to develop and apply machine learning models to pilot projects
· Perform data analysis to understand model performance and derive insights from data sets
· Prepare reports and present the findings to peers unfamiliar with machine learning at project/program review meetings
· A graduate-level student in data/computer science, electrical engineering, or other related disciplines
· Strong grasp of machine learning concepts proven through academic or research projects
· Competence in computer programming and automatic data processing
· Critical thinking and excellent communication skills
· Passion for applied research and product development
What you will get in return
You will have a unique opportunity to create innovations and technical breakthroughs by applying machine learning methods to all stages of product development from concept to launch. You will also have ample opportunities to learn about quality control, systems thinking as well as small business development. Successful completion of this internship could lead to a full time position at LaunchBay.
We are looking for students that can work full time for 3-6 months but will accommodate part time and flexible working schedule as well.
Remote and in-person arrangements will be considered. US Citizens or Permanent Residency required.
If interested, please visit https://www.launch-bay.com to apply