The Washington, D.C. office of a boutique law firm is seeking a Jr. Legal Technology Assistant to join their team on a remote contract basis through August 2021. This candidate will be responsible for supporting the firm’s various databases including eDiscovery software, ticketing systems, and document managements databases. This is a great opportunity for entry-level candidates to gain experience in a legal setting! Only candidates who are available to begin no later than May 24th, 2021 will be considered.
Responsibilities for this position are as follows:
· Performing database loads, productions, and exports.
· Loading and preparing transcripts/link exhibits for the eDiscovery team.
· Applying firm specific guidelines and procedures to ensure system compliance.
· Preparing reports on firm databases ensuring smooth operations.
· Troubleshooting system issues to provide resolutions within a timely manner.
· Supporting the Technology Manager with additional tasks as requested.
· 1 year of experience or internship(s) in an IT related field.
· A Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
· Proven ability to handle high volume systems.
· Ability to prioritize competing priorities.
· Must have the desire to work in a fast-paced, and high-volume environment.
· Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
Candidates who are still obtaining their degree will also be considered! Qualified candidates, please apply through LinkedIn or by sending your application to Sean.Burns@legalplacements.com to learn more.
For over 20 years Legal Placements, Inc. (LPI) has been working with the top law firms, associations and corporations in the DC metro area to connect professionals to jobs they can’t find anywhere else. The recruiters at LPI are vested in taking the time to get to know each candidate and finding the right match for each individual. Our extensive industry knowledge is a resource that we share with every candidate to help prepare for each step of the interview process and negotiate the best possible salary. In working with LPI, you are able to have direct access to hundreds of hiring decision makers in the DC area. We place direct hire and temporary legal professionals primarily in the Virginia, Washington, DC & Maryland; but also throughout the nation.