As a Mechanical Engineer at Lexington Medical, you’ll design and automate highly complex miniaturized, precision mechatronics to create a best in class surgical devices. Our ideal candidate will embrace working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and collaborative environment; be a self-starter, independent, results-oriented team player with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines including shifting priorities. if you enjoy wearing many hats and are looking to have an immediate impact, this job might be exactly the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
What you will do
- Design and develop creative solutions for innovative medical devices.
- Select and evaluate components and materials.
- Develop 3D CAD models for parts and assemblies.
- Perform mechanical testing of the product.
- Review drawings and models from other engineers.
- Provide simulations, models, and engineering characterizations to ensure proper product performance and reliability.
- Document development activities through schedules, lab notebook, patents, design history file, technical reports and other records.
- Optimize designs for manufacturability and facilitate the transfer of the design to manufacturing.
- Perform concept development, prototyping, testing, analysis and design-for-manufacturing.
- Improve current and future designs, manufacturing speed, quality and cost.
What you bring to the table
- BS in Mechanical Engineering from a top school, with an excellent GPA.
- Medical device design experience is a plus.
- Excellent working knowledge of 3D CAD tools (SolidWorks preferred).
- Experience designing precision, miniaturized mechanical products utilizing injection molded plastics, 3D printing, CNC machining, laser cutting and welding, and precision metal stamping.
- Demonstrated theoretical and practical Mechanical Engineering fundamentals.
- Exceptional technical zeal, problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
- Mechanical aptitude to use experimental engineering techniques in the lab.
- Demonstrated motivation, curiosity and creativity.
Lexington Medical is a successful, growing venture-backed medical device company, manufacturing minimally-invasive surgical stapling solutions. With the highest standards in design engineering and smart manufacturing, our team delivers disruptive innovation to health care providers which improves surgical outcomes for their patients in a thriving $5B+ Surgical Stapler market. Our recruiting philosophy is centered on hiring highly-talented individuals who are looking to have a major impact and ultimately make a real difference in the lives of millions of patients worldwide.