Libraries Without Borders seeks enthusiastic, efficient, highly collaborative and dynamic self-starters who want to share their passion for expanding access to information, digital equity, and social justice with their penchant for marketing and communications. Interns will work closely with the US and French offices to execute a cohesive communications strategy, inclusive of advocacy campaigns, media outreach, press relations, fundraising appeals, and internal as well as public-facing communications.
Ideal candidates are creative thinkers with strong attention to detail, exceptional communication skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time. They must be curious, organized, eager to learn new skills, flexible and forward-thinking, with backgrounds that reflect a mix of marketing, communications, fundraising, graphic design, research, data analytics, and management. As part of a small, scrappy team, they will play a critical part in advancing the mission of LWB by increasing public awareness of our work through digital and print media.
This is the perfect internship for people who want to gain hands-on experience in the nonprofit sector while deepening their communication, advocacy, education, development, and outreach skills. Proficiency in French is preferred but not required.
- Plan and execute organization-wide social media strategy to inform the public about access to information and digital equity issues
- Write blog posts, articles, one-pagers, reports and monthly newsletters
- Monitor press coverage of LWB, capture media mentions and share with supporters
- Update and ensure consistent quality of content posted to LWB’s website in accordance with our brand and style guidelinesBuild relationships with the press to spread awareness of our work
- Build relationships with the press to spread awareness of our work
- Craft messaging for external communications, including fundraising appeals and advocacy campaigns
- Design graphics and other visuals for social media
- Compile analytics reports to assess audience reach and engagement
- Undertake various short research and writing projects, and light administrative duties as needed
Professional Development Opportunities
Interns will have access to conferences, webinars, and professional workshops led by LWB US team members.
Send a brief cover letter, resume, and a 1 to 2 page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be judged on a rolling basis, with a hard deadline of August 3rd, 2021 for the fall internship.