Libraries Without Borders seeks dynamic, self-starters who want to share their passion for expanding access to information, digital equity, and social justice with their penchant for research and fundraising. Development interns will work closely with the Development Coordinator to oversee all aspects of fundraising, including pursuing and obtaining funds from foundations, corporations, individuals, and government sources through activities such as grant-writing, annual appeals, events and strategic campaigns.
The ideal candidates are interdisciplinary thinkers with a mix of strategic marketing, communications, fundraising, design, research, and technical skills. They must be curious, creative, organized, and willing to roll with the punches in tandem with the changing needs of the organization. As part of a small, scrappy team, they will advance LWB’s mission by assisting our Development Coordinator with fundraising campaigns and events, grant research and writing, and donor management efforts. They will share responsibility for developing new and innovative fundraising strategies; drafting proposals, letters of inquiry and other project pitches; identifying potential individual, foundation, corporate, and government donors; and managing relevant data and records.
This is the perfect internship for people want to gain hands-on experience in the nonprofit sector and deepen their skills in social justice, education, development and grant-writing.
- Commit to at least 20 hours of work per week (start and end dates are flexible)
- Conduct prospect research and brief staff on grant opportunities;
- Draft letters of support, proposals, and reports for potential funders
- Collect information needed for grant proposals and donor reports
- Craft messaging for fundraising appeals targeting individual donors
- Facilitate regular communication with individual, foundation and corporate donors
- Create and update donor profiles for long-term strategic planning
- Maintain donor and prospect database on Salesforce (training available)
- Create materials needed for donor solicitation, including letters, slide decks, and informational packets
- Assist with planning and coordination of fundraising events
- Support organization-wide administrative tasks
Professional Development Opportunities
Interns will have access to conferences, webinars, and professional workshops led by LWB US team members.
Submit your résumé, a brief cover letter, and a 1-2 page writing sample through Handshake or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a hard deadline of August 3rd, 2021 to accept applications for the fall.