Lifeway IT is looking to add an Entry-Level Software Engineer – DevOps to our team! The ideal candidate is motivated and interested in building services and integrations between operations and software engineers, helping to rapidly produce results for our cutting-edge products and resources in a mission-focused environment. You will work in a highly collaborative environment with teammates from varying backgrounds and skill sets coming together to solve challenging problems as a team.
Why work with Lifeway IT? Lifeway is one of the world’s largest providers of Christian resources, and we are expanding our global footprint having incorporated in India and Mexico. As one of 2018 Forbes Best Midsize Employers and Best Employers for Women and one of the largest IT teams in Nashville, Lifeway IT is as innovative with technology solutions as we are with employee work-life balance, work environment, and culture. This position offers remote work options, a casual work environment, flexible hours, and 10% self-development time every week.
This role is remote in the U.S with occasional travel to Nashville.
- Designs and codes technical solutions, tools, and platforms for supporting our cloud (AWS) infrastructure that support Lifeway.com and other applications that provide Kingdom content to churches, ministries, and individuals
- Works closely with DevOps team, Cloud Architects, and Software Engineers to identify and research other cloud tools, technologies, and frameworks that will help our teams to move faster in our cloud environments
- Collaborates with internal and external teams to accomplish various tasks and projects
- Automates cloud infrastructure
- Research, experiment, and utilize leading cloud methodologies and new tools for increased productivity, security, reliability and performance
- Progress tools and services useful in cloud DevOps environments such as performance monitoring, security monitoring, deployment/configuration, continuous integration/build servers, and cloud resource creation scripts
- Lives out Lifeway’s mission and values, showing deep commitment to Kingdom work
- Coding academy completion, relevant certifications, and/or associate’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related degree preferred, but not required
- Git, GitHub experience preferred
- Knowledge of AWS (Amazon Web Services) or other cloud technology services
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts
- Exhibits good relationship building skills, engagement, and emotional intelligence
- Growth mindset and posture of continuous learning and improvement, passion for learning new technologies
- Good organization, prioritization, and delegation skills
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Some travel required