Lifeway is one of the world’s largest providers of Christian resources. Voted one of 2019 Forbes’ Best Midsize Employers, the campus is located in the heart of Nashville, Tennessee. Our headquarters team leads, produces, and delivers trustworthy experiences that fuel ministry.
As the Team Technical Lead for our eBook Development Team, you will use your skills in eBook or web development to train new team members and provide the team with continued coaching. You will convert Lifeway’s publishing content into multiple eBook formats through the development and use of templates, scripting, and automation according to production schedules and deadlines. You will collaborate with other team members on the development of publishing file structures, systems, and repository requirements. Additionally, you will be responsible for the technical quality of eBooks and tools produced.
This is a remote position. Please note, you will be expected to work in-office with team members in Nashville, TN approximately once per month.
Click here to learn more about eBooks at Lifeway.
As a Team Technical Lead for the eBook Development Team, you will:
- Work with technical developers to create and execute on roadmaps for tool development. Develop processes and style guides for eBook and eBook Tools development. Work with eBook and Tech developers, on code and projects, listening to their ideas and concerns, reviewing their code, and giving direction.
- Propose new structural tags and processes based on industry standards for ePub publishing.
- Meet approved production schedules and processes while ensuring that products meet industry and corporate quality standards and deliver high-quality content to the division’s internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with other content specialists to research, develop, and drive efficiencies into publishing processes through the use of scripting and automation. Update and maintain eBook development scripts and provide training to developers on new processes and technology.
- Stay current in new technologies related to trade publishing that could benefit Lifeway and recommend new applications, processes, and training that could help gain process efficiencies.
- Work with eBook developers, metadata specialists, and publishing staff in troubleshooting content, workflow and digital content coding best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Development, Multimedia or similar
- Experience in team leadership
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud platforms – Intermediate
- Graphic design and page layout skills – Intermediate
- Typography skills – Advanced
- Knowledge of publishing protocols and copyright law – Intermediate
- Communication and organization skills – Advanced
- Must be available to work at office location in Nashville, TN with team once a month
- Member of or attending an evangelical Christian church