Student Competition: The Right Placement Changes Everything
$1000 Cash Prize
Calling for art students to submit images which depict the potential for accidents in the real world (see sample here). Each submission should have a photograph of a real place with an imagined situation inserted over it.
This competition is sponsored by Jencap and they will feature the winners in a series of ad campaigns over the next year. It is preferred that the image shows something hazardous happening in commercial settings such as restaurants, auto body shops, construction sites, healthcare, manufacturing.
- The submission must include a photographic and drawn element
- The photographic element must be in color and the drawing must be in black and white
- All elements of the submission must be original
- Any media may be used to create the drawing, however, the final submission will be digital and must be a good quality image. Phone camera photographs are acceptable as long as they are high quality.
- A collaborative team may submit, however the prize will be split between them if they are chosen. The team may only submit three images.
A student 18 years and older. Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate arts program.
- Image should be at 75dpi and no larger than 1500px on the longest side.
- Acceptable image types are JPG, PNG, tiff, and jpeg.
- If your submission is chosen, you will be asked to provide a higher resolution image.
Please label digital files as follows: LastName_FirstName_#.JPG
Awards: The following awards will be given:
1st prize: $1000
2nd Prize: $500
3rd Prize: $250
How to submit?
All submissions are free
The submission must be uploaded to: jc-student-contest by submission deadline:
July 5th, 2021. Winners will be notified late July.
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org