Teladoc Health is looking for a software engineer intern. The ideal candidate should have relentless passion for working on technology that is transformative and critically important to helping the lives of people impacted by chronic conditions.
Working on healthcare technology requires tremendous commitment towards our members and sensitivity around designing intuitive and engaging UI. We are the leading chronic condition management platform because we hold ourselves responsible for the technology that drives the health and wellbeing of every single Teladoc Health member. We value engineers that strive for excellence despite adversity, with a sense of compassion and urgency for solving some of the most pressing healthcare issues today. If the above resonates with you, we want you to join our team!
- Partner with product managers, user experience designers, mobile and web front end engineers, and data scientists to support the full product lifecycle.
- Take ownership of our cloud APIs and services that connect biometric and clinical data across multiple health platforms, allow doctors and coaches to provide patient care via seamless access to Teladoc, and deliver data-science powered care and advice to users.
- Support projects for the team including grooming and sizing requirements, designing solutions, defining project plans and go to market strategy.
- Harness state of the art technologies such as Scala, AWS, Play, gRPC, Protobuf, Kubernetes, Spark, Kafka, Microservices, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Flyway, FHIR, OAuth.
- Pursuing a BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. Relevant work experience and/or trade school is acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Exposure to software engineering in a functional object-oriented language (Scala preferred, Java or Python).
- Exposure to developing API services for consumer mobile and/or web applications or enterprise SaaS.
- An understanding of REST API implementation and highly-scalable systems. Experience with event-driven architecture in a Microservices environment is a plus.
- Exposure to designing and optimizing relational databases, such as MySQL. Experience with ETL or AWS Redshift a plus.
- Passion, collaboration, and productivity in a dynamic cross-functional team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.