New York City Metro Area established residential builder/developer/investment manager has exciting opportunities for remote paid summer interns to serve on the following teams:
- NY Affordable team: works on new construction LIHTC projects in NYC area (graduate student preferred)
- Mixed/Market rate team: works on rental and sale projects in NYC area (graduate student preferred)
- National team: works on a variety of asset types in markets beyond NYC (graduate student preferred, interest in/ experience in Washington DC or NJ preferred)
- Asset Management team: stewards of the L+M portfolio, optimizing performance (undergrad student preferred)
- Fund Team: manages institutional investor and private label funds (undergrad preferred)
- Neighborhood Preservation & Development team: works on preservation and new construction developments in the NYC area (rising undergraduate senior or graduate student preferred)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Our interns are expected to work independently and as part of a team. An understanding of real estate finance is required (and successful applicants may be asked to demonstrate this through a brief exercise). Specific duties will vary depending on the team, but include tasks similar to these:
- Collecting due diligence materials
- Financial analysis of a project or property
- Coordination of meetings of project teams
- Assisting with an RFP
- Site visits and market analysis
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Pursuing graduate or undergraduate college degree.
- Real Estate Finance and Investments majors a plus.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market-rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works. A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for over $9 billion in development and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved nearly 30,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investors turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by positive impacts. L+M takes pride in its long-standing partnership with the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, workforce development programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits. L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.