Local Initiatives Support Corporation’s (LISC) Boston office seeks an organized, energetic individual who is passionate about community development to join our team as a Communications Assistant. In this role, the Communications Assistant will have a meaningful professional and learning experience by developing communications and engagement skills such as writing, researching and event preparation, while gaining experience working with an established national nonprofit organization and the community development field. In particular, the communications assistant will help spearhead our social media operations and assist with additional LISC Boston’s communications.
- Interest in inclusive community development and asset framing/strength-based communications, strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing/communication skills with proficient understanding of style guides.
- Experience with Design tools including Adobe Creative Cloud (incl. Illustrator and InDesign), Canva
- Knowledge of media relations, such as pitching, story framing, and building media lists.
- Experience in digital communications including aspects of social media management, email marketing, Website CMS and basic HTML editing, digital media/data analytics.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Writing, designing, and planning social media campaigns and posts. Monitoring social media platforms and interacting with other accounts and related reporting.
- Assisting in organizing digital assets including photos and marketing materials.
- Creating designs, and graphics for online and print publications.
- Supporting the design, organization, and maintenance of the LISC Boston website.
- Supporting or leading special communications projects.
View the full listing online.