This is an AmeriCorps position and as such, the member may not engage in prohibited activities as part of his/her/their service. The member will have an immediate supervisor at Urban Edge Housing Corporation and a LISC point of contact throughout the term of service for coaching, mentoring, and training support in order to undertake activities to achieve a community goal.
The member is expected to undertake the following activities toward goal achievement:
• Support our COVID relief initiatives, including our Resiliency Fund Gift Cards program, Phase 2: Local Community Resource Guide, connecting seniors to Tech goes Homes and Learning Pods.
• Support mental wellness campaign for residents in the community in collaboration with community health center.
• Assist in resident resource coordination initiatives that maximize stable tenancy and increases opportunities to enhance the income of residents. This will include but not limited to helping families apply for rental assistance, utility assistance or other supportive services.
• Build and maintain partnerships with local organizations to address issues that are identified as priorities, including affordable housing, civic engagement, quality of life, safety, etc.
• Collect all required community engagement information and input onto Salesforce databases.
• Work with the Real Estate team to disseminate information on upcoming community meetings related to development projects to ensure that residents in Urban Edge’s service area are engaged.
In performing these activities, Urban Edge Housing Corporation and LISC AmeriCorps anticipate that the person in this position will achieve the following goal(s):
Provide housing counseling services to 100 clients where 75 of the people are transitioned into safe, healthy, affordable housing as a result of the aforementioned activities
In order to meet the goal(s), the successful candidate will be provided with a work-plan at the onset of service and training needed to achieve the goal(s). Progress toward goal attainment will be measured monthly through an on-line system and raining will be provided.