Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
The VA Relations Specialist (LHI) will maintain a successful working relationship between LHI and network providers through working with many varied clinical delivery systems. Being able to understand and identify the best alignment of appointment requirements to clinical times available within the varied clinical delivery systems. Communicate with internal and external customers to ensure the most efficient use of time to accomplish department goals and contract requirements.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assess and resolve scheduling concerns, developing and implementing solutions in many varied clinical delivery systems
- Negotiate days and times that align provider needs and LHI business objectives
- Manually assign appointments to qualified providers using the current provider network
- Continually communicate with Veteran Services team members and other departments to accomplish mission tasks related to scheduling procedures
- Demonstrates energy for what needs to be done and for overcoming challenges
- Expects and anticipates uncertainty and ambiguity as natural part of work dynamics
- Understands and takes to heart the need to keep people informed
- Builds the network needed to get the job done
- Shows commitment to high quality results through use of time, resources and work effort
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents), Microsoft Excel (creating spreadsheets and general navigation) and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar)
- 1+ years of related experience (provider relations, network management, customer service, negotiations, account services and / or account management)
- Able to work Monday – Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm CST
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business, marketing and communications or healthcare related field
- 2+ years of experience in provider relations, network management, customer service, negotiations, account services and/or account management
- Medical, dental or healthcare insurance experience
- Database experience / education
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe. OptumServe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We’re partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $43,200 to $76,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.