- Manages Museum operations on weekends, certain holidays, and rentals. Opens and closes Museum and grounds. Oversees the opening and closing of the gift shop and cash register. Serves as team leader for staff. Greets tourists and other visitors to the LSU Rural Life Museum and Windrush Gardens. Answers phone and email to provide directive and descriptive information about the Burden Museum and Gardens property. Provides direction to weekend maintenance staff. (70%)
- Supports the Tourism Information Counselor with annual inventory, docent scheduling and other duties as needed. Schedules photo appointments and may support the scheduling of tours and rentals. (10%)
- Maintains clean and stocked restrooms and other areas of the Museum. (10%)
- Reconciles end-of-day revenues that are collected daily from admissions, gift shop sales, special events, and rentals. Assists with museum rentals. Answers inquiries concerning price, policies, and availability. (5%)
- Assists with Museum projects and public events. Other duties as assigned. (5%)
Test Requirement- 8500 OSE (Office Support Exam)
Two years of experience in which clerical work was a major duty.
Training in a business or clerical-related curriculum in a business school or technical institute will substitute for the required experience on the basis of six months of training for six months of experience for a maximum of one year of the required experience.
Completion of a business or clerical-related curriculum in a business school or technical institute will substitute for a maximum of one year of the required experience.
College training will substitute for the required experience on the basis of 15 semester hours for six months of experience.
Business or technical school training with less than completion will only be credited in six month increments. Similarly, college training will only be credited in 15 semester hour increments.
Any college hours or degree must be from a school accredited by one of the following regional accrediting bodies: the Middle States Commission on Higher Education; the New England Commission of Higher Education; the Higher Learning Commission; the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities; the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Special or Physical Qualifications:
Availability to work weekends required.
State Civil Service Specifications:
Applicants must have Civil Service test scores for 8500-Office Support Exam in order to be considered for this vacancy unless exempted by Civil Service rule or policy. If you do not have a score prior to applying to this posting, it will result in your application not being considered. In order to meet the exam qualifications for future applications, you can register to take the exam here.
Please fully complete the Experience section of the application, listing out job duties and average weekly hours worked. Resumes cannot be accepted in lieu of a completed application for LSU Civil Service positions. Please provide three professional references including name, title, phone number and e-mail address.
Additional Position Information:
- Background Check – An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
- Benefits – LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
LSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
LSU believes diversity, equity, and inclusion enrich the educational experience of our students, faculty, and staff, and are necessary to prepare all people to thrive personally and professionally in a global society. We celebrate diversity and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We actively seek and encourage qualified applications from persons with diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences. To learn more about how LSU is committed to diversity and inclusivity, please see LSU’s Diversity Statement and Roadmap. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact the Office of Human Resource Management (email@example.com).
HCM Contact Information:
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu