Love What Matters is a leading media destination focusing on stories of hope, kindness, compassion, support and healing. Love What Matters had 2 of the top 100 most engaging stories of the year. In 2019 we launched a new podcast and continued our growth across web, social and a variety of media extensions. We reach over 35 million people per month with a focus on meaningful life moments worthy of amplification.
We’re looking for an ambitious self-starter who understands the media landscape and how to curate meaningful content from social networks. Must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Digital Editor, Love What Matters
· Strong understanding of curating content across social networks.
· Familiarity with wordpress helpful but not required.
· Strong interest in crafting a compelling, emotional story.
· Skilled in basic editing, writing, production.
· Experience or interest in journalism, researching and writing compelling stories about people, hope, compassion, etc.
· Must be a self-motivated team player with a strong work-ethic, eager to learn and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work a minimum 15 hours per week.
· Strong online, search and research skills.
· Ability to find new sources of content across blogs, websites, and other curation sites.
(Individuals with prior editing experience are preferred.)
Duties to be performed
· Reach out on, build, edit, curate and publish stories across Love What Matters platforms.
· Continually find, group, sort, organize, and share the best and most relevant content across the internet for the Love What Matters brand. Maintain and grow LWM presence on various social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.
· Work with founder and editorial team to continuously improve editorial strategy.
$10 to $12 per hour.
Please include a short cover letter, resume, and links to any published work.
Contact: Colin Balfe