Lumen’s US Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As a Software Developer in our Strategic Planning and Transformation organization, the Intern will work collaboratively within our Digital Experience teams to support and enhance portals for our large enterprise customer base. The intern will be able to experience working with several latest software technologies and tools in building applications here at Lumen. Teams are autonomous and self-contained to take a customer feature from end-to-end and have it available for customers worldwide (NA, EMEA, APAC, LATAM regions). The ideal intern will have technical skills with common languages in the industry. You will need a high level of engagement and ability to take initiative, ask questions and work in a team environment.
- Responsibility for building, maintaining, and enhancing customer facing portals
- Intake customer tickets and move through workflow to resolution
- Building APIs or front-end UI
- Assist in enhancing software that supports Authentication & Authorization, Dashboards, Reports, Orders, Inventory and Billing experience’s
- Focus on improving the customer experience
- Utilize SAFe methodologies for fast paced and continuous deployment
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Enrolled at a US 4-year accredited university, pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree field. A rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – June 2023.
Proficiency and understanding of
- Experience with CI/CD, Agile development methodologies is preferred
- Knowledge of testing and technical documentation
- Professional Attributes
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
- Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
- Flexible and adapts well to change
- Ideally the position will be remote/ work from home.
- Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours be week during the 10-week program (June – August)
- Intern must have reliable transportation to/from work location (Lumen does not provide transportation to/from Lumen office locations)
- US work authorization required
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!