The “Home Study/Post Release Services” program (“HSPRS”), operated by Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (“LIRS”), provides supportive services to unaccompanied immigrant children after release from ORR custody. Reporting to LIRS’s Regional Supervisor and LSSNY’s Case Management/Personnel Supervisor, the HS/PRS Case Manager will conduct home studies, case management and supportive services to unaccompanied immigrant children once they are released to their sponsors in the New York metro area.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Conduct home visits and phone contacts with the dual purpose of assessing safety and suitability of child’s placement with their caregiver (sponsor) and connecting child to services in the community to address risk factors.
- Ongoing case management with a focus on screening and making appropriate referrals to address child’s needs in the following domains: Placement issues, safety issues, education, health, mental health, legal/immigration proceedings, substance abuse, independent living, criminal/juvenile justice, child enrichment activities.
- Provide crisis intervention services directly, as needed, or connect family to services to ensure minor’s safety and well-being in a crisis situation.
- Submit detailed and thorough documentation in compliance with LIRS policies and procedures.
- Apply social work best practices for thorough assessments of child’s progress and services provided.
- Maintain regular and timely communication with supervisor around any issues concerning the child’s safety, stability, or well-being in the placement.
- Participate in ongoing supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.