PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO:
Lux Research is seeking an experienced backend engineer. In this position, you will collaborate and contribute to Lux Member Site in enhancing existing architecture and feature offerings. You will work with Product Management and senior leadership in identifying, designing, and implementing new features and external API integrations.
As Lux gears up to build the next generation product architecture that helps customers discover innovative technologies aimed at improving the sustainability of the planet, this hands-on position offers a fantastic opportunity to play a major role in that transformation. You will be able to use your architectural and analytical abilities to design and implement enhancements to the Lux member site.
- Work with Product Management team in designing the next generation product architecture
- Work with Product Management and other team members; design and implement the next generation product architecture for the member site
- Design and implement product enhancements in areas such as adding additional APIs, integrating with external APIs, Search enhancements
- Experience working in agile environments
- Excellent team player and collaborator
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of software engineering experience as a backend engineer
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails applications is required
- For the right candidate, experience with Python and enthusiasm to learn RoR can be considered
- Experience working with third-party API integrations is highly desirable
- Experience working with Salesforce API integrations is an absolute plus
- Experience working with MySQL or Postgres or other RDBMS is desirable
- DevOps Experience for a RoR application in Linux and AWS environments is desirable
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Demonstrated team collaboration
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Good time management skills and ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated and results oriented
More About Lux Research
Lux Research is a leading provider of tech-enabled research and advisory solutions, helping clients drive growth through technology innovation. A pioneer in the research industry, Lux uniquely combines technical expertise and business insights with a proprietary intelligence platform, using advanced analytics and data science to surface true leading indicators. With quality data derived from primary research, fact-based analysis, and opinions that challenge traditional thinking, Lux clients are empowered to make more informed decisions today to ensure future success.
For more information visit www.luxresearchinc.com, connect on LinkedIn, or follow @LuxResearch.
Lux Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law. Lux Research participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.