Position: Credit Trader – Investment Grade
Department: Global Fixed Income
Location: New York, NY
Founded in 1938, MacKay Shields has grown steadily over the years through rapidly changing market environments. Becoming a registered investment advisor in 1969, we have expanded our services over time and are now proud to offer products across US and international markets.
In 1984 MacKay Shields became a wholly owned, fully autonomous subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, a premier financial services provider and one of the country’s most highly rated insurance companies. To capitalize on its broad range of investment management and retirement plan services, New York Life formed New York Life Investments in 1999. MacKay Shields continues to operate independently regarding both investments and compensation.
Progressively increasing our client base, we now manage approximately $144 billion of assets for institutional investors and other financial service providers across the globe.
We are searching for a Credit Trader to focus on Investment Grade corporate bonds. The ideal candidate will have trading experience at a buy or sell side institution.
· Execution of primary and secondary market trades for investment grade corporate bonds
· Liaise with portfolio managers and research analysts
· Develop relationships with sell-side counterparties to enhance trading execution
· Communicate with compliance and risk management
· Assist with daily pricing process as well as the resolution of trade and back office issues
· Provide operational support throughout the trade and settlement process including both security and trade set-up
· Back up traders in adjacent asset classes such as high yield and loans
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Two to four years of experience in credit markets with a focus in corporate bond trading
· Good understanding of bond analytics
· Basic knowledge of portfolio strategy and credit research skills are helpful
· General understanding of mortgage-related, emerging market, or derivative products is helpful
· Attention to detail with good quantitative and analytical skills
· Strong computer skills with basic programing skills preferred
· Knowledge of Bloomberg AIM or a similar Order Management System
· Strong listening and communication skills
MacKay Shields LLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
MacKay Shields LLC offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Please complete the online application at