Quantitative Analyst – Summer Intern
Department: Investment Management
Location: Boston (remote)
Hiring Date: Summer 2021
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to MICBoston@mackenzieinvestments.com
Mackenzie Investments is one of Canada’s largest active investment management firms, with $147 billion assets under management, 16 distinct investment teams, and offices in Canada, the United States, Europe and Asia. Mackenzie employs a multi-boutique structure across the organization which facilitates substantial independence for individual investment teams, while providing the stability and security that accompanies a large and established corporation.
Mackenzie Investments is looking for a Quantitative Analyst – Summer Intern for its Global Quantitative Equity boutique based in Boston, MA. This team utilizes a bottom-up, fundamental quantitative approach and efficient trade execution in seeking to generate alpha. Consisting of a blend of seasoned industry professionals with lengthy track records and tech-savvy recent graduates, the team manages traditional and alternative investment strategies globally.
The Quantitative Analyst Intern will be responsible for conducting quantitative research. As a member of this investment team, you will contribute to the quantitative analysis of institutional portfolios and build and enhance alpha modeling, portfolio management, and monitoring systems.
The ideal candidate is passionate about investments, driven, innovative and creative, a strong team player, humble, and possesses strong decision-making skills and the highest standard of honesty and integrity. She/he is engaged and motivated by achieving excellence as part of a dynamic team, one which continuously strives to be the best in the field.
Summer internship possibilities:
· In conjunction with Portfolio Managers and Analysts on the team, assist in development of stock selection models for Emerging Markets, Global, International and US portfolios
· Research and improve portfolio construction and optimization techniques
· Create quantitative tools and infrastructure used to construct portfolios, conduct empirical research, and monitor portfolios
· Present analysis and investment ideas to Portfolio Managers
· Monitor research and events in the quantitative investment field with the goal of gaining investment and process insights that can enhance portfolio returns and risk
· Understand global macroeconomics and global financial markets with the goal of generating insights to improve risk-adjusted returns of portfolios
· Expected Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or other quantitative discipline (expected Master’s degree welcome)
· Expected to graduate in Winter 2021 or Summer 2022
· Advanced knowledge of programming (such as Python), database knowledge (such as SQL)
· A “can do” attitude as part of an entrepreneurial group within an established firm
· Attention to detail and flexibility to work both independently and as part of a team
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to MICBoston@mackenzieinvestments.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.