Democracy and Governance Internship, Arlington, VA
MSI has a comprehensive, paid internship program that provides talented individuals an opportunity to gain practical skills and experience in a wide range of roles. We are proud to have worked in partnership with USAID, DFID and numerous other clients in some of the most challenging political and economic climates in the world. This candidate will report directly to our Acting Senior Vice President of Programs and work directly with technical professionals.
This internship is perfect for individuals who are interested in:
- Developing management tools to better support the organization of a project.
- Research (some of which might be billable on projects and the rest on developing technical approaches and for proposals or marketing efforts) and writing summaries
- Support thought leadership efforts – events, blogs, white papers and the like
- Finding useful materials and sharing with relevant practice areas (Rule of law and government accountability; Democracy and governance; Peace and stability)
- Help arrange sector and other meetings and coordination efforts and assist with note taking and follow up actions
- Support proposal development
- Edit materials where needed (including reorganizing/recasting and copyediting)
- Recruiting and onboarding local and international candidates for various new roles within a project
- Working towards Master’s Degree, or completed Master’s Degree in relevant disipline
- Demonstrated research skills
- Knowledge of democracy, rights, and governance challenges required. Work with programming internationally and knowledge of conflict mitgation, stabilation, countering violent extermism preferred
- Regional knowledge of Africa, Latin America or the Middle East a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Time management skills and ability to juggle multiple varying responsibilities
- Creativity and capacity to take initiative
- Enthusiasm and motivation to learn!
- Knowledge of a foreign language such as Spanish, French or Arabic preferred
Our paid internship program is for people who are passionate about international development. Internships are generally seasonal but can last up to a year with mutual interest from both intern and team. Interns work a flexible schedule of 28 hours per week. We presently are located remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but our office is in Crystal City, VA.
Many department directors and technical staff began their careers as interns at MSI. The internship program starts you off on the right path, where you can see up front the challenges and rewards of providing more effective development worldwide.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
**Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position.**
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com