MSI Colombia Project Management Internship
MSI is searching for a Colombia Project Management Intern to join the Latin America and the Caribbean team immediately. This role is a great way to start a development career because our Internships are diverse and fast paced, with opportunities to assist and support dozens of projects or dive in to one project specifically depending on interest and regional needs. A Project Manager (PM) oversees and manages all aspects of a project, from budget management to deliverable submission. A Project Management Intern supports these same responsibilities, thus having the unique opportunity to learn firsthand how to successfully manage international development projects. This role would report directly to our Project Management team on the Colombia MEL project and is currently remote due to COVID-19.
This internship is perfect for individuals who are interested in:
- Developing management tools to better support the organization of a project.
- Recruiting and onboarding local and international candidates for various new roles within a project.
- Translating, reviewing, and editing deliverables, presentations, and reports for submission to a client.
- Drafting correspondence between MSI and USAID or other MSI clients.
- Overseeing subcontractor finances and reviewing field office accounting systems to ensure compliance.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Time management skills and ability to juggle multiple varying responsibilities
- Creativity and capacity to take initiative
- Enthusiasm and motivation to learn
- Proficiency in Spanish
Our paid internship program is for people who are passionate about international development. Internships are contracted for 3 months but can last up to a year with mutual interest from both intern and business needs. Interns work a flexible schedule of 28 hours per week which allows for candidates to continue their studies.
Many department directors and technical staff began their careers as interns at MSI. The internship program starts you off on the right path, where you can see up front the challenges and rewards of providing more effective development worldwide.
**Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position.**
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com