Training Associate, Arlington, VA
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 40-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
**Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position.**
The Training Associate will support MSI’s efforts to address the company’s continuing efforts to provide a structured and consistent approach to staff training for our home office and field office staff. Under the direction of the Training Manager, this person will support the instructional design process – including analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation – for synchronous and asynchronous training activities. The successful candidate will collaborate with other MSI staff, including content subject matter experts (SMEs), other skilled training professionals, and information technology specialists. The associate will use appropriate learning technologies to develop training materials and update existing materials, including adapting trainings from in-person to online formats. The associate will perform administrative functions within the Learning Management System. This position reports to the Training Manager.
- Support the logistics of live (synchronous) trainings (e.g., managing scheduling and registration, coordinating with IT and facilities staff, monitoring chat and performing other producing functions for Microsoft Teams events
- Perform administrative functions within the Learning Management System and knowledge management platforms, including uploading content, managing assignments, providing support to users, and running reports
- Analyze reporting data to identify trends and propose suggestions for how to use the LMS to provide greater support to staff
- Support the training aspects of onboarding new employees (working with hiring managers/supervisors and the HR team)
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SME’s) to develop and refine training materials and job aids (templates, forms, manuals, checklists, how-to guides)
- Create and modify e-learning activities using Articulate 360
- Support the evaluation of training and learning initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Learning and Development, Human Resources, Instructional Design, Business Process Improvement, and/or Learning Technologies required, master’s Degree in relevant field preferred
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience required, two years of experience preferred
- Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning principles required
- Skills in Microsoft Office 365, primarily Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required
- Intellectual curiosity and a strong willingness to learn
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies, applications, industry concepts / terminology
- Experience using or administering Learning Management Systems and learning technologies and software applications (Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate or other e-learning authoring tools) preferred
- Demonstrated skills in marketing, graphics and formatting preferred
- Experience coordinating or communicating across multiple stakeholders in an organization preferred
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com