MANTA is a dynamic product design and engineering consultancy located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We provide industrial design, usability, and engineering development services to clients in diverse industries including healthcare, robotics and consumer electronics. MANTA’s culture has an entrepreneurial spirit that is committed to innovation and providing exceptional client service. Learn more about MANTA at www.mantadesign.com
MANTA seeks a creative, hands-on Mechanical Engineer. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for actively participating in all aspects of engineering product development programs from concept brainstorming through transfer to manufacturing. MANTA emphasizes client relationships, innovation and service. The ideal candidate will have great communication skills, a proven track record of innovative electro-mechanical development, and is self-motivated to push for engineering excellence.
· Personally execute mechanical design activities – CAD, engineering analysis, prototyping and testing, etc.
· Work effectively in multi-disciplinary design teams.
· Think creatively and analytically to develop comprehensive design solutions.
· Understand project requirements, anticipate development challenges and manage time to deliverable robust solutions on schedule and budget.
· Adhere to MANTA’s quality system and industry standards.
· Adhere to disciplined design process using design controls, risk management, rapid prototyping and design reviews.
· B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
· 0-2+ years practicing mechanical design.
· Strong technical and analytical skills including FEA and CFD.
· Experience with major production processes, including plastic and metal fabrication methods.
· Electro-mechanical design experience – motors, actuators, drive trains, bearings
· CAD Skills – Advanced surfacing and master model strategy using Solidworks
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
· Personal commitment to quality, customer service and creative design solutions.
· Competitive compensation.
· Health and dental plan, flexible spending account.
· 401k with company contribution.
· Year-end bonus based upon annual company performance.
Rich Miller, VP Engineering, Manta