Marathon Strategies, an independent communications and research firm, is seeking a motivated, energetic, and results-oriented Communication Intern to support our growing operation. This position is currently remote.
(NOTE: Please submit a cover letter with resume.)
Born from the trenches of some of the most high-profile political races over the last two decades, Marathon applies the strategic and fast-paced execution of campaigns to the challenges of a wide range of brands, issues and candidates. We embed ourselves in our clients’ organizations and we challenge the status quo, using our experience and intellect to shape opinions and deliver results.
- Compiling press clippings daily for various clients
- Pitching and placing stories in local, regional and national publications
- Managing editorial calendars and media lists
- Developing op-eds, press releases and other written materials
- Generating content for social media campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field
- Experience pitching media and building media lists
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Digital abilities; social media experience a plus
- Flexible and proactive in taking on assignments and responsibilities
- A voracious appetite for news
Marathon Strategies has been named to Ragan Communication’s Top Places to Work Class of 2021 and winner of Ragan’s best employee education and training program. The growing firm is also a two-time finalist of PRovoke Media’s public affairs agencies of the year and was chosen as a finalist for PR Week’s outstanding small agency of the year. Marathon has appeared on the Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest-growing companies, and was recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the nation’s 5,000 fastest-growing companies for the second year in a row.