We are a fast-growing fintech that has been recognized numerous times as a best workplace in the mid-sized and fintech categories. If you are energized by building new, innovative ways to solve consumer financial problems and want a collaborative workplace where you can grow and make an impact, Marlette is the place for you.
Marlette celebrates diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we will grow.
This Frontend Engineer – Automation role will work on BestEgg customer facing products by delivering new frontend features with Angular and automation solutions with Cypress.
All Marlette Funding’s Information Technologists must advocate for the creation of software assets used to drive business value both in the short and long term while respecting Customer Experience and Organizational Control objectives. The Frontend Engineer – Automation will work directly with Associate Software developers daily and contribute leadership and technical expertise to achieve shared objectives.
The Frontend Engineer – Automation will participate in product centric, cross-functional, Agile Teams composed of Product Owners, Product Managers, Scrum Masters, Software Developers and Automation Engineers. The Frontend Engineer – Automation is expected to influence this team and adjacent teams on occasion by identifying opportunities and proposing solutions.
The Frontend Engineer – Automation will be accountable for the timeliness and quality of the engineering products produced within their assigned product team. It is imperative the Frontend Engineer – Automation is capable of recognizing Minimum Viable Product (MVP) features sets, risks, and dependencies and recommend iterative delivery packages to maximize business value and minimize time to market.
Additionally, the Frontend Engineer – Automation will be accountable for executing development activities aligned with agreed development and quality control standards. The Frontend Engineer – Automation should work with Associate Developers to exhibit the same behaviors. The Frontend Engineer – Automation will ensure production of technical documentation and supporting processes as solutions are delivered.
Internal and External Stakeholder satisfaction will be a component of measuring performance.
- Develop and deliver frontend cypress automation test cases (60%)
- Develop and deliver frontend angular features (40%)
- Work with other engineers to identify, advocate, and implement automation test opportunities and enhance best practices for customer facing web applications.
Requirements – Development
- 1 year+ experience with writing automated tests (eg. Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, AVA, tape)
- A solid understanding in core web and browser concepts (eg. how the browser parses and constructs a web page)
- Familiarity with SPA frameworks (Angular or React) is preferred
- Experience with automation framework such as cypress or selenium is preferred
- Experience with AWS API gateway and lambda (node.js runtime) is preferred
- Experience with Restful API and MySql is preferred
- Comfortable interacting and engaging with colleagues from all levels of management across all business units and third-party development firms
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills including self-direction, coaching and mentoring, leading change through tooling or practices
- Previous experience leading Associate-level Developers OR demonstration of effective leadership characteristics
- High self-efficacy, highly motivated, well organized, capable of developing, and able to communicate status effectively
- Passionate about reducing manual and repetitive work when designing and building tools used by internal colleagues
- Advocate and practitioner of Agile methodologies (XP, Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Continuous Improvement, Pair Programming)
- Ability to succeed within a cross-functional team emphasizing Collective Ownership in a fast-paced environment
- Be confident and willing to challenge status quo but also willing to concede and execute other’s ideas when necessary
- Capable of teaching and learning from others to promote continuity of knowledge and personal development
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team member
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills