We are seeking candidates to for an entry-level position within Operations. This join role provides an opportunity to develop a career in Operations of a global insurance brokerage and risk management firms during an exciting time of expansion and transformation. You will be based in our Austin office and will be a part of an exciting and growing Account Coordination department. We are hiring for the following shift: 8:00 – 5:00 pm CST.
What can you expect?
- A highly motivated and energized business unit focused on delivering exceptional and differentiated client experience and commercial outcomes: You will be an essential part of a highly skilled team by collaborating with our client-facing colleagues and assisting with document preparation and coordination as a client’s policy nears its renewal date. You will work as an extension of our client team, and your responsibility is to ensure that each step in the client’s policy life-cycle is completed accurately and on time prior to renewal.
- Understanding of the insurance brokerage and risk management Industry and people, processes and technologies that drive them: You will attend a robust training program of classroom-based, side-by-side, and on-the-job training. We will provide the insurance knowledge required to be successful while learning our systems. While you will go through a significant amount of training required understanding and working effectively in the insurance environment, this is not a sales position and does not involve or include any sales function or targets. An insurance license is not required, although you are welcome to take the licensing exam for career development purposes.
What is in it for you?
- A foot in the door at Fortune 500 company; this role will expose you to many areas of the company, senior leaders, and various aspects of Commercial Insurance that will allow you to expand your network, gain valuable knowledge and, and enhance your skills
- Benefits like Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD and Life Insurance, a generous 401k match and PTO allowance, Employee Stock Purchase program, and Tuition Reimbursement, with benefits starting Day 1
- Culture of internal mobility, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration in a relaxed environment with a casual dress code
- A company-wide emphasis on Corporate Social Responsibility; all colleagues receive 8 hours of paid time off for volunteering, with the option to join our organized group activities
- Opportunities to get involved with resource groups, guest speaker lectures, career development events, volunteering, social activities, and more
- Flexible work opportunities to ensure a healthy work/life balance
- A convenient North Austin location near the Lakeline MetroRail station with onsite amenities like a free fitness room, showers, indoor bicycle storage, jogging trails, and onsite food service
We will count on you to:
- Collaborate directly with our client support team to provide outstanding service to our clients
- Assist client support team members with gathering and formatting client renewal information, presentations, proposals, and other documents that are required when a client’s policy renews
- Work closely with the supported colleagues for timeline coordination within a client’s renewal
- Manage and record client and carrier communications in a shared document repository to ensure timely follow up and review by the client team
- Assist with the creation or maintenance of policy renewal documents and report on open items
- Remain current by understanding and following all Marsh compliance, professional and transparency standards
What you need to have:
- Intermediate Microsoft Office proficiency: you’ll mainly use Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook – knowledge of basic Excel formulas, pivot tables, and Outlook organization is beneficial
- Exceptional organizational skills: you’ll work on multiple accounts and each is at a different stage in the renewal process, so being organized is important to your success in this role
- Strong communication skills: you’ll collaborate with client teams who are remote, so the ability to communicate effectively is key
- Exceptional time management skills. Although this role is highly collaborative, your work is also self-directed so you’ll need to effectively manage your time.
- Ability to multi-task to meet deadlines. This is essential to guarantee we’re providing excellent service to our clients at their policy’s renewal.
- Attention to detail is critical to ensure we’re providing accurate information to our client team partners.
- Ability and aptitude to conduct research. You don’t mind digging when you need more information.
What makes you stand out:
- One to three years’ experience in a professional service environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in Commercial Lines Insurance