**NEW** All Master’s-level Students in IT Programs…check out this 6-Month, Paid, Co-Op Opportunity! Start in July and work fulltime (35-hours/wk) until the end of the year! Work with a great team and gain valuable experience! Apply today!
The Systems Engineer Co-Op Associate will assist in developing our operational maturity and automation framework by working closely with the Infrastructure team to manage our enterprise systems/network performance and security, maintenance, installation, and configuration of enterprise applications. The role may also monitor and report on systems performance; recommends upgrades or improvements, resolves application problems, and offer technical assistance to users.
- Provides ongoing maintenance for programs, tools, and processes for automating tasks surrounding the infrastructure development lifecycle (IDLC).
- Assists with developing and maintaining solutions for operational administration, system/data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring.
- Works with the technical experts in the IT department to streamline workflows and processes to ensure efficient and thorough support to meet organizational audit requirements.
- Participates in the implementation, installation, configuration, monitoring and technical support of Systems Applications, infrastructure hardware, and network/security devices.
- Develops, defines, reviews, and enforces Infrastructure policy, standards, and guidelines to support business operations and technology implementations.
- Adheres to all established systems configuration standards.
- Creates and maintains accurate and relevant infrastructure documentation including diagrams, as-built documents, configuration templates, inventories, and IT Service Catalog.
- Active participant in established Peer Review, Design Review and Change Management processes to ensure quality outcomes.
- Active participant in established Incident/Problem Management process to minimize the effect of and to prevent future unplanned outages.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with the following preferred: infrastructure as code, systems administration/ engineering, software development lifecycle, source code management/version control, DevOps/GitOps, FOSS implementation, incident response, task management.
- In compliance with MPHC’s Department of Defense government contract, any/all persons hired for this position will need to verify their US citizenship and complete the required employment eligibility verification upon hire.