Masakhane Center is seeking passionate, motivated young people to join our education team! This is a remote internship that provides online workshops to young people in and around the Newark, NJ community. Interns receive extensive training on a variety of sexuality topics and workshop facilitation techniques.
As an all-volunteer organization, this internship is unpaid. However, thanks to our wonderful donors, we are currently able to offer a $500 stipends for Black trans and non-binary folks. More stipend details below.
- Facilitate online sexuality education workshops for young people.
- Create and execute a significant project that utilizes current skills and interests, and are in line with Masakhane’s needs.
- Assist with social media planning and daily posting.
- Assist in the occasional planning and execution of special events.
This internship runs from September 7, 2021 to May 12, 2022.
Interns must attend a mandatory online training on the following days/times:
- September 7th – October 7th
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
After completing training, interns must be available to work at least 15 hours per week. These hours must be completed Tuesdays, Wednesdays and/or Thursdays between the hours of 8:00 am and 6:30 pm.
WE ARE SEEKING PEOPLE WHO CAN…
- Advocate for sex positive, pleasure-focused education.
- Advocate for reproductive justice, including full abortion rights and the rights of young pregnant and parenting folks.
- Advocate for the rights of people marginalized for their orientations, gender alignments and/or expressions.
- Have the ability to livestream or record themselves discussing a variety of sexuality topics. Interns must have reliable internet access during working hours.
- Have the ability to use (or learn to use) Microsoft Office365.
- Are organized, reliable and creative.
- Have demonstrated the ability to work within a team and independently.
The stipend is specifically for Black trans and non-binary folks.
HOW TO APPLY
The application deadline is August 24th. Interested applicants must submit an application (via our website). Applicants are usually contacted within 48 hours. Please do not make follow-up calls.