Mass Contracting Corp is a certified women owned business that provides general contracting, construction management, and preconstruction to a broad range of commercial clients include many Fortune 500 companies throughout Manhattan/NYC.
The Construction Field Supervisor is a key figure of the project team; responsible for the overall success of a project. The incumbent must possess excellent leadership skills, as well as be able to successfully set, observe and re-evaluate project priorities frequently.
• Responsible for overseeing the efforts of all project activities and personnel;
• Coordinate with Estimating Department to formulate award schedule for trades during pre-construction;
• Acquire a thorough understanding of project requirements and objectives; review all project documents, including drawings, specifications contracts, scope of work, and construction schedule;
• Coordinate and facilitate both internal and building kick-off meeting with all key participants;
• Prepare and issue project documents including progress reports, detailed project schedule updates, and financial/budget updates;
• Initiate periodic meetings and other forms of communication with project team members and/or client as appropriate, to acquaint them with unresolved problems and to ensure an adequate degree of coordination as needed between disciplines;
• Forecast and track the amount of labor, managerial and material costs necessary to complete a project;
• Perform project status reviews by monitoring project schedule, submittal/RFI logs and open items
• Monitor project scope for changes affecting budget and/or schedule; identifies cause, advises client and negotiates changes in fee as appropriate;
• Manage project budget, minimize and track expenses; provide finance reporting as needed;
• Ensure timely and accurate invoicing, monitor receivables for project as well as subcontractor pay schedule;
• Ensure subcontractors provide certificates of insurance that meet contractual requirements prior to mobilization;
• Resolve subcontractor claims during subcontractor close-out period;
• Ensure punchlist completion and Department of Buildings sign off;
• Organize and deliver project close-out/As-Built documents.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
• Relevant experience as a Construction Project Manager, preferably in interior, high-end commercial general contracting.
• Must have a proven record of managing complex projects in occupied spaces.
• Must have strong client relations skills and a collaborative disposition.
• Demonstrate proficiency in reading commercial construction plans and specifications.
• 10-Hour OSHA Construction Safety and Health Certification is a plus but not required.
• 4-Hour Supported Scaffold User Certification is a plus but not required.
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Procore (preferred but not required), and Timberline (preferred but not required).
• Willing to travel to job locations and work nights and weekends as required.
• Hands on experience in interior build-out & management of subcontractors.
• Strong carpentry skills (preferred but not required), able to read commercial blueprints and work independently.