Intern Responsibilities: Information Systems staff need to be skilled in communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences. The OCIO is seeking to establish some templates, formats and other tools to help staff with communication tasks.
- The intern will review several types of departmental communications and make recommendations for improvement.
- S/he will identify standard formats and templates for departmental communications.
- S/he will participate in a communications review process, providing guidance to staff requesting assistance.
- The successful intern will be an exceptional writer, knowing how to take complicated concepts and processes and explain them to an audience less familiar with these subjects.
- His/her communication style must be balanced with a practical view, understanding the challenge of messaging to busy professionals.
- S/he will be skilled with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Preferred Level of Student: Undergraduate
Preferred Major/Course of Study: Communications, English, Business Management
Location and/or Remote Work Considerations: MGB has implemented special remote working policies due to COVID-19. These policies are subject to change; however, it is currently expected that this position will work remotely (e.g. from home) full time.
Hours Per Week and Schedule: 40 hours, Monday through Friday 8:30 am-5:00 pm