Right now there are over 1300 children in Massachusetts foster care, waiting for adoption. These children have no permanent family. We want to change that.
We are seeking to create compelling video snapshots of waiting children, in order to recruit adoptive families. These short films help us capture the unique spirit and heart of each child, so that we are more able to connect them to families for adoption. You can find an example of our completed video snapshots here: https://youtu.be/L0Ai-H9zOR4
MARE’s Communications Department is seeking interns for the Summer and Fall terms. In order to best accommodate everyone’s needs, we are arranging for remote-only internships. Our internships are project focused, with an emphasis on field-work. Scheduling is flexible, but this is expected to be a 10-20 hour a week commitment.
You will work to produce high-quality video segments that promote MARE’s work and raise awareness about adoption from foster care. This internship will provide an ideal training ground for you to put your video skills into action in the real world. We will be pursuing an aggressive content creation schedule, so the intern for this position will quickly gain experience in all aspects of unscripted, documentary-style video production.
The Video Production Intern will have access to professional-grade film equipment and will work with the Communications Department team to identify content production needs. On a daily basis an intern would be required to do any or all of the following:
– Coordinate production date and times with social workers and foster parents
– Prepare for video production through appropriate research, shot planning, and interview preparation.
– Travel to various parts of Massachusetts for production
– Capture video compelling video of children ranging from 1 – 17 years old.
– Build rapport with children and social workers
– Conduct documentary-style interviews
– Edit footage in Adobe Premerie
– Assist with other creative or administrative tasks in the communications department
This is an ideal internship for those interested in overseeing projects from pre-production to post-production. This is a very hands-on position where you will get a lot of field experience, with coaching and support from MARE staff.
Other things to know about MARE Internships:
- Start date/End Date are Flexible
- A vehicle is required for travel to shoots across MA
- This is an unpaid internship, though we do reimburse for expenses
- All interns will need to attend a four-hour training on video creation at MARE
- All interns will receive feedback/coaching on their videos
Please provide links to your portfolio in your application. Interns submitting a well-written cover letter specific to MARE’s work (no boiler plate please) will get preference in our selection process.