Research and Communications Intern
About this Internship
The communications intern supports the Massachusetts Municipal Association’s three-member communications team. Under the direction of the Manager of Publications and Digital Communications and working closely with the Associate Editor, tasks include:
• Assist with various tasks in updating the Massachusetts Municipal Directory, an annual guide to local government: Proofread member survey responses for accuracy and consistency; update sections of guide covering information on state and local government; and help proofread and fact check the Directory’s products and services guide, among other tasks
• By phone and email, follow up with cities and towns that haven’t provided updates for the Directory
• Proofread PDF layouts for Directory during the project’s later stages
Potential additional duties, as time allows:
• Report and write articles for the Around the Commonwealth section for The Beacon, the MMA’s monthly newsletter
• Update and organize the MMA’s digital photo library, and reach out to local and state officials to request updated headshots
• Assist with additional Communications projects as needed
This would be a 20-hour-a week spring and summer internship lasting through August 2021. Pay is $15 an hour. This position is fully remote while our offices are closed.
About the Massachusetts Municipal Association
The MMA is a statewide nonprofit membership association of cities and towns providing a wide array of services including advocacy, education and training, policy development, research and analysis, publications, and information programs.
To apply: please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org