MASSCreative seeks a process and detail-oriented Operations Manager to join our team of arts and cultural organizers and advocates. This full-time position will manage the administrative and operational processes of MASSCreative.
We seek someone who lives to track their personal monthly budget, loves project and task management software (calling all Asana users) and always reads the fine print.
Our Mission and Vision requires candidates to be committed to tenets of equity and inclusion and strongly believe arts and culture make Massachusetts more vibrant, inclusive, and connected.
The Operations Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and working closely with Board Leadership, including the Treasurer and Finance Committee. Competitive candidates should have bookkeeping experience, working knowledge with customer relationship management software, demonstrate impeccable editing skills, and have an aptitude for project management.
MASSCreative is an equal opportunity employer and encourages Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, LGBTQIA+-identified persons, and others from historically marginalized communities to apply.
Managing Financial and Budgeting Systems, including;
- Acting as the Organization’s lead liaison with the outside auditor, the Operations Manager will work with the outside bookkeeper and Executive Director to ensure correct and timely deliverables for the annual audit.
- Work with the Executive Director to design an annual budgeting process, including creation of budget workbooks and draft budgets to share with the Financial and Executive Committees of the board.
- Develop for distribution accurate and timely reports on the financial health of the organization for organizational leadership.
- Support the ongoing organizational membership renewals and prospects campaign by tracking membership renewals, producing renewal progress reports, etc.
- Process and send donor stewardship, solicitation and acknowledgement communications.
- Oversee the timely payment to MASSCreative’s vendors.
Develop and improve the organization’s administrative and operational systems, including:
- Develop and maintain a project management system for MASSCreative’s programmatic and operational efforts.
- Manage administrative systems, including daily office operations, payroll, and employee benefits
- In partnership with the Executive Director, support board engagement with regular communications, preparation of board meeting packets and PowerPoint presentations
Above all, MASSCreative seeks an Operations Manager who:
- Is committed to creative expression, cultural equity, and social justice
- Thrives in a close-knit collaborative team environment
- Manages his/her/they time effectively
- Desires to work in an that exposes them to a diverse set of stakeholders
- Previous experience with bookkeeping software, such as Quickbooks.
- Proficient in organizing information and maintaining processes for managing data
- Familiar with spreadsheet programs, customer relationship management platforms, and task management software
- Detail and documentation oriented
Since its founding in 2012, MASSCreative has worked to build a more vibrant, healthy, and equitable Massachusetts by advocating for resources and policies necessary for the arts, cultural, and creative sector to thrive and grow. From retaining talent and contributing to the economic stability of Massachusetts to developing youth to become leaders and bringing communities together, the creative sector is essential to the Commonwealth. We believe a strong, well-resourced creative sector makes Massachusetts stronger.
In its first nine years, MASSCreative unified the arts and culture sector in its advocacy efforts. MASSCreative developed an impressive network of 400 member organizations, a 60-person Leadership Council that supports MASSCreative’s efforts in the field to build a strong statewide grassroots network and galvanized more than 30,000 Commonwealth residents to take political action to support the creative sector.
After nine years of successful growth, MASSCreative is at a critical moment of inflection and transformation. The COVID-19 pandemic and passionate calls for an end to violent racism across the Nation has required MASSCreative to truly embrace the values set forth in its 2019 Strategic Plan, including better utilization of online platforms to transform policy into action, advancing cross-sector and intersectional policies that result in a more equitable and just creative sector, and better supporting local arts and cultural organizing efforts through partnership and skills building.