MassDevelopment is accepting applications for a summer intern in the Agency’s Lending department. The candidate will collaborate with the Portfolio Group and the Credit Department to research, upload archive, and obtain missing documentation for the loan servicing system. Additionally, the candidate will provide support to the Credit Department assisting with financial statement spreads, preparing financial templates, advancing to underwriting of Annual Reviews and aiding in portfolio administrative management.
MassDevelopment is a quasi-public agency that provides economic development services throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Agency works with business, nonprofits, financial institutions, and communities to stimulate economic growth.
The Portfolio Group maintains the EnABLE loan servicing database that holds MassDevelopment customer data. the intern will help to make sure all documentation from legal files and credit files associated with a borrower are uploaded and stored in the EnABLE loan servicing database. The intern will also help archive documents for accounts that are no longer active by sending them to Iron Mountain, which manages data and records. The intern will also be responsible for other duties as they are assigned.
The Credit Department is responsible for underwriting new requests, performing an annual review of existing Borrowers, Risk Ratings, maintaining credit files, portfolio administrative management and compliance.
· Associate’s degree, or two years or more in a four-year degree program.
· Must have strong research skills with attention to detail.
· Familiarity with databases, preferably customer relationship management and loan servicing systems.
· Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
· Familiarity with legal documentation.
· Working knowledge of Excel and Word.
· Exposure to Financial Statement Analysis and Accounting.
· Must be able to operate office equipment.
· Occasional reaching above shoulder heights or below waist.
· Lift and or move up to 25 pounds as required to retrieve files and archive boxes.
Kindly forward cover letter and resume to MassDevelopment, Attn: Human Resources, 99 High Street, 11th Floor, Boston, MA 02110, or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting can close without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer