MassDevelopment’s summer internships (June – August) offer experience with real-world challenges that go beyond what you will learn in the classroom. Interns will gain exposure to the work we do to support communities across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts – stimulating economic growth throughout the state. Equally important, interns will gain valuable knowledge that can be applied in the future, such as learning about a new field, building a network, and working with a team. Paid internships available to undergraduate and graduate students in the following areas: Accounting, Business Administration & Finance, Community & Economic Development, Engineering, Human Resources, Information Technology (IT), legal, Marketing & Communications, Municipal Government & Administration, Real Estate Development & Management, Urban Planning & Development, General Applications.
MassDevelopment offers you the chance to –
• Interact directly with various levels of management
• Develop professional skills and a network of connections
• Gain a working knowledge of the entire organization
• Learn professional competencies including teamwork and collaboration, effective communication, and time management
As a contributing member of the Agency’s work, you will –
• Be responsible for daily work assignments, individual projects, and sometimes group projects
• Complete analytical and/or database work
• Attend client meetings
• Learn and adhere to daily work procedures and protocols
• Observe executive meetings – including monthly Board Meetings
Throughout the program, you will regularly connect with –
• A department manager for day-to-day guidance throughout your internship.
• A cohort of interns working throughout the Agency who you will connect with on a regular basis
• An assigned mentor to help you make the most of your experience. Mentors are available for questions, advice, and support on projects and assignments, as well as career guidance and coaching.
• A Human Resources representative to assist throughout recruiting, onboarding, evaluation, and an exit survey. The HR representative is available to answer questions during the program and will hold periodic check-ins to ensure the program is meeting your expectations.
Paid internships available to undergraduate and graduate students in the following areas:
• Business Administration & Finance
• Community & Economic Development
• Human Resources
• Information Technology (IT)
• Marketing & Communications
• Municipal Government & Administration
• Real Estate Development & Management
• Urban Planning & Development
• General Applications
• Undergraduate/graduate-level student enrolled in a full-time academic program
• Solid academic performance
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Adaptive to change
• Creative; team-oriented; collaborative
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until April 30, 2021. Paid internships may be located in Boston, Devens, or Springfield and some remote work may be necessary.
Please visit our page to get started!