The ETX Technology, Service, and Resiliency (TSR) team is seeking intellectually curious talent to join their internship program for Summer 2021. The work in this group is exciting, innovative and always changing! You’ll have the opportunity to work in a collaborative team environment, get professional exposure while contributing to production, project and team deliverables. If you are interested in pursuing an IT career with a team that has a focus on their customers and you are eager to learn and grow, check this out!
We are seeking undergraduate intern candidates for the following areas:
Scripting & Development
- Augmenting internal tools to utilize scripting languages such as PowerShell to create efficiency and minimize manual re-work throughout Enterprise Technology Services.
Collaboration & Messaging
- Focusing on projects and work efforts that will enhance the employee experience with their technology, assisting the messaging and collaboration efforts with a focus on Google, Zoom and Slack.
Computing Systems Analysis
- Assisting the Client Computing Work Cell to deliver projects and work efforts that will enhance the employee experience with their technology with a focus on conducting research on emerging technology in the modern workspace environment.
Technology Efficiency & Improvements
- Bridging technology & technology services including supplier/contract management, finance/budget management plus delivery of efficiencies and improvements via automation/robotics.
Enterprise Infrastructure & Resiliency
- Infrastructure server/storage provisioning and ongoing administration and maintenance for Windows, Linux, and Unix server platforms and storage/backup platforms
- Administration and management of the Asset Portfolio through use of the Asset Management Database, maintaining and improving business processes related to the Procurement and Deployment of IT Assets, Support of IT Assets, and any part of the Lifecyle of IT Assets.
As an intern, you’ll be able to participate in finding technical solutions to real-world business problems across the organization. You will learn how to prioritize multiple projects/work assignments that are short to medium term in duration. You’ll work collaboratively with team members to update strategy and roadmap documentation to align with overall department vision and goals.
The Minimum Qualifications
- Currently a rising senior, enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program
- At least a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Critical thinking and analysis skills
- Eagerness to learn with a general understanding and interest in a career in technology practices
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects/assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Self-starter and eager to learn and grow
- Must be authorized to work in the US without requiring work authorization sponsorship, both now and in the future
The Ideal Qualifications
- Competence in data analysis and troubleshooting
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to research new technical capabilities
- Experience working on laptop and mobile devices
- Experience with various operating systems (Windows, IOS, MAC, Android)
- Experience working with different browsers (Chrome, Safari, Edge-Chromium)
- Experience with scripting language, PowerShell preferred
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with your TSR team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
We’ve been around since 1851. During our history, we’ve helped millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection, and plan for the future.
Today, we continue to develop meaningful relationships with our customers by building their trust, being knowledge problem solvers and always prioritizing their needs. MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life.
MassMutual was recognized as an Ethisphere 2019 World’s Most Ethical Company, a Top Place to Work in 2020 according to The Boston Globe and named among America’s Best Employers for Diversity according to Forbes 2020. MassMutual ranks No. 84 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status