We’re a Greater Boston area Community Media Center seeking applicants for the volunteer/Intern position of Government Meeting Media Coverage Producer. Reliable trainees may qualify for paid stipend opportunities after a trial period.
The Meeting Coverage Producer will be responsible for supporting, recording and monitoring our televised gavel to gavel coverage of local government board and committee meetings in the City of Malden. These meetings take place at the new City Hall and/or other municipal buildings. This position will rotate with the Government Programming Coordinator on an assigned board or committee basis where producers are assigned to a specific meeting, primarily weeknights Monday through Thursday with the occasional day or weeknight when needed. Generally, the availability is from 5:30 PM until 9:30 PM. Sometimes meetings start earlier or end later.
Producers will be representing UMA as an organization and must exhibit the following:
- ability to troubleshoot over the phone
- solid communication skills
- an understanding of live television
- Applicants must be the age of 18+ and have their own transportation
- Audio/Video or visual experience preferred but will train the right candidate with specific training