Urban Media Arts (UMA) is seeking an experienced podcast editor to join a podcasting team to work on a grant-funded podcast series called Culture Matters in Malden, produced by Urban Media Arts (UMA) focused on conversations with Malden-connected individuals or groups discussing culture and arts related topics. This editor will work closely with a team of producers/hosts to help with post production editing and script creation and some pre-production research. This part-time temporary contractual position or paid internship would end February 2022 but could possibly be renewed based upon funding.
Duties And Responsibilities
· Edit each podcast and advise on sound and editing improvements
· Editorial suggestions welcome but not required for this role
· Transcribe conversation for each podcast, using tools and editing text as needed
· Listen to and provide notes on audio drafts of episodes
· Fact-checking and sourcing for each episode
· Demonstrable experience editing podcasts or podcast-like radio
· Interest in Culture, arts
· Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff, interns and the Culture Matters in Malden team.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Organized about time use
· Thorough knowledge of audio editing software (we use Audition but others are fine).
· Familiar with podcast hosting platforms
Time commitment and pay:
· Duration of contract September 2021 – February 22, 2022.
· Hours per week (approx) – 5-10 per week
· Pay – commensurate with experience – up to $150 per completed podcast episode
· Virtual or in-person