Vricon, a Maxar company, is currently seeking a 3D Geospatial Production Technician to join our team.
Life with Us
Your Project: In this role, you will utilize proprietary software to create 3D solutions from multiple aerial or satellite images. You will focus on maintaining the level of quality in the delivery to our customers while also ensuring consistency in accordance with the product specification. This includes generating, reviewing, editing, and delivering the software’s outputs.
Your Career: We’re very serious about professional development and continuing education. We offer our team members with the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has amazing resources to support learning and development. You will work with your supervisor, or a mentor, to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.
What We Offer: Time for dedicated professional development, conference attendance, corporate partner and industry training, peer group collaboration, hackathons, as well as paid certifications, education reimbursement and student loan forgiveness.
Some candidates may be asked to relocate, without assistance, a few months after working with Maxar.
- Contribute to mission projects using proprietary software
- Perform quality control in a 3D environment
- Produce 3D maps of areas of interest based on project requirements
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain U.S. Government Secret security clearance
Must meet one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree + 0 years of experience in a similar position in the geospatial industry
- Associate’s degree + 1 year of experience in a similar position in the geospatial industry
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position in the geospatial industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge of GIS software (e.g., ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, QT Viewer/Modeler)
- Basic knowledge of mapping or navigation applications (e.g., different coordinate systems, projections, GPS)
- Basic knowledge of Linux platforms
- Basic experience with project tracking software (e.g., Jira, enterprise level ticketing)
- Willingness to learn new technologies and processes
- Willing to relocate to the Westminster, CO area without relocation assistance
The compensation range for this position is 17.96 to 29.94 USD hourly, dependent on skills and experience.
Please also sign up for our online event to talk to the hiring team directly on Wednesday, January 13th from 11am – 2pm mst. https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/maxar/e/LeLDk
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.