Summer Intern 2021 – Biomedical Solutions
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson’s 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
McKesson’s Intern program provides you with an opportunity to experience in the healthcare industry, first-hand. By applying your education to a real-life working environment, you will receive a solid foundation of experience as a McKesson intern.
Need for a summer intern to take on market overview project. Biomedical Solutions is a business that sells, rents and services medical devices, specifically home infusion pumps, enteral pumps and ventilators. Goal of internship will be to complete a market overview of infusion space (includes both office based and home based infusions). Deliverable will be to define addressable market, and McKesson’s share of it. Bonus would be any ideas around value creation/value capture ideas to grow market share.
Intern Program Details:
- Paid Internship
- Full time / 10 weeks
- Positions will reside in Richmond, VA
- No company sponsored housing, relocation, student visa or Green Card assistance available
- This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry!
- The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching
- Training provided from vendors, subject matter experts, and computer-based training with certificate prep.
- Identify target market; leverage available data to define scope of that market
- Analyze sales tracings to deduce McKesson’s share of addressable market (product + equipment)
- Bonus: hypothesize on potential business ideas to capture > market share
- Enrolled as a full-time student at the time of the internship, at the Undergraduate or Graduate level
- Must have completed a minimum of 75 credit hours by the start of the internship
- 18 Years of age or older
- Authorized to work in the United States
- 3.0 GPA
- Business, Marketing, Analytics, or Economics major preferred
- Any knowledge of healthcare space, especially infusion a bonus
- Interested in a career in marketing/sales
- Ability to think about (and balance) value creation and value capture
- Ability to analyze and aggregate data
- Proficient in power point and excel
- General Office Demands
- As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare.
- No agencies please.