We’re changing healthcare! MDsave (www.mdsave.com) is a digital healthcare company that provides a single online location for self-pay patient-consumers to research, compare and purchase medical services with total cost transparency. We have invented a new way to price medical procedures by pre-negotiating prices with all the providers involved with an episode care. With a patented payment bundling technology and a rapidly growing network of 300+ hospitals in 38 states, we have a proven revenue model. Our small team of healthcare executives and internet entrepreneurs operates from offices in San Francisco and Nashville.
MDsave is looking for a self-motivated, eager undergraduate or graduate student to join our team as a Marketing and PR Intern. You will have an opportunity to work closely with the Design, Engineering, Marketing and Product teams on a variety of campaigns and projects. This role requires exceptional written and verbal communication skills, an ability to multitask, high attention to detail, strategic thinking and networking prowess.
The internship will take place from June 1 to August 13, 2021 (although dates are flexible) and is fully remote. Position will be part-time, working 15-20 hours a week. Pay is approximately $15/hour.
The Marketing and PR Intern will be primarily responsible for public relations outreach, including, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Identify and pitch promising media opportunities (articles, interviews, podcasts) to increase general MDsave brand awareness (among potential patients and partners)
- Help draft press releases, media statements, newsletters and social media content
- Assist with building and maintaining relationships with local and national media outlets
- Create content pieces as needed, including blog articles and press kits
- Manage brand coverage on news platforms, social media and review sites
- Recruit, conduct, edit and publish provider and patient testimonials
- Research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content
- Support the MDsave Marketing Team in daily administrative tasks
Pursuing a degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism/English or related field
- Excellent networking and communication skills
- Provide administrative support, including research and coordination
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with writing and editing, including tailoring content to different audiences’ needs and level of understanding
- Google Suite proficiency (especially Google Analytics and Google Trends)
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to handle a variety of projects and be able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced working environment
- Graphic design skills are desired, but not required
- Embraces and actively incorporates MDsave’s leadership principles of Customer Obsession, Bias for Action, Dive Deep, Ownership, Hire and Develop the Best, Frugality, Deliver Results, Earn Trust and Invent and Simplify
At MDsave, we believe that fixing the healthcare system, building a sustainable business, and nurturing our employees are mutually reinforcing goals. We offer resources to support personal well-being and professional development. We provide healthcare coverage, including dental, vision, and life insurance.
To help employees plan for the future, we’re able to offer competitive pay and a 401k program.
At MDsave, we believe that having a diverse team is the only way to compassionately fix a healthcare system that serves a diverse nation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check and satisfactory references.
More information about MDsave: