Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Logistic Officer- Procurement (Support) who can contribute to a smooth supply chain for GSO and field country programmes, train and empower Medair logistics colleagues, advise field logistics staff and support GSO departments in their procurement processes. This is a temporary position needed to augment the current Procurement team as we implement a new Supply Chain Management system.
Medair Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff*.
Workplace & Working conditions
This position reports to the Medair Global Support Office (GSO). It will based as a resident in Lausanne, Switzerland or Nairobi, Kenya. Only those with a valid work permit should apply.
- This position could also be considered as a remote position from your own country if you have previous Medair experience.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
July 2021. Full time, 6 months with possible extension.
Key Activity Areas
- Responsible for managing procurement from GSO related to the procurement categories assigned including Global Emergency Team goods and services, developing procurement plans, initiate, negotiate and monitor Framework Agreements, and ensure renewal and new market assessment at their expiry.
- Organise, initiate, follow up and track procurement requests ensuring procurement of the right product, at the right time, to the right location, at the right prices using the right procedures in compliance with Medair and donor guidelines.
- Initiate, advice, train field procurement staff on the use of best practices and excellence in procurement.
- Advise and support GSO departments in planning, organising and monitoring their procurement.
- Liaise with suppliers; maintain and build supplier relations, process invoices and ensure on time payment.
- Monitor actual procurement against conditions agreed in long term contracts and framework agreements and ensure contract, supplier and procurement records are kept up-to-date.
- Support the Procurement Focal Point within Medair; ensuring policies and procedures are up-to date and serve as reference point for questions, information and training.
- Act as Medair shipment officer for the own procured goods or services; make sure shipments are organised in time and according to the right procedures, taking into account international, national and customs regulations; follow up shipments and communicate schedules with consignees.
Dynamics 365 implementation (procurement focus)
- Represent the procurement related areas within the D365 project in order to deliver solutions based on Medair’s needs and requirements.
- Promote Medair’s digital transformation strategy with proactive/positive mindset and good mentality.
- Collaborate and support process owners/BPEs to help them sign off appropriate & acceptable solutions.
- Collaborate and align with stakeholder to increase ownership and understanding of solutions.
- Review story board and solution design documents to build knowhow on signed off solutions.
- Actively participate in the system demo sessions to understand and evaluate the suggested solutions.
- Verification, testing and confirming acceptance of demonstrated solutions after system demonstration.
- Preparation of Training manuals for Train the Trainer (TtT) end end-user trainings.
- Reviewing existing policies/SOPs/guidelines, identifying needs for change based on accepted solutions in D365 (update/addition where necessary).
- Update and enhance user stories continuously and develop test scripts for UAT.
- Actively participate in the Train the Trainer (TtT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions in order to build expert know-how on the system usage and to run final testing sessions.
- Coordinate and execute end user training either on-site (in-country) or remotely.
- Continuous collection, development, preparation and cleaning of SCM and cross cutting master data (vendors/suppliers, products, BoQs, equipment/assets) for data migration and go-live.
- Support and assist the general work and administration of the Logistics team.
- Develop, implement, support and train staff in procurement guidelines.
- Cover for other Logistics team members when absent or re-assigned to support emergency response.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as
- Professional qualification in Procurement, training in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or a related field. Certification in humanitarian logistics desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of English and working knowledge of French (spoken and written).
Experiences / Competencies
- Previous experience in logistics or administration.
- Experience of logistics in a cross-cultural, challenging environment.
- Knowledge of Medair systems and procedures and experience in supporting projects in health, shelter and/or WASH desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point and Outlook.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 or other logistics software solutions desirable.
- Good planning, coordination, analytical and problem-solving skills. Good negotiation skills.
- Enthusiastic with ‘can-do’ attitude. Capacity to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Diplomatic, for working with authorities and suppliers. Good understanding of humanitarian issues.
How to apply
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices
c) Key Profiles & Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
d) Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair page. Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.*