The Investment Operations Intern works directly with Investment and Operations professionals to provide investment management services. The Intern will participate in a range of operational activities, including: supporting the reporting process for clients, managing cash flow tracking, document storage, and data integrity.
The position is available to sophomore and junior-year applicants, pursuing a degree at the collegiate level. They are encouraged to learn the operational related tasks associated with our clients investments. Operational activity includes data collection and monitoring, cash flow issue resolution, creation of letters of direction, and performance reporting for assigned clients.
The Investment Operations Intern will increase their level of knowledge regarding general and alternative investment topics and the investment consulting and management industry.
- Gather, organize, and verify financial data related to client accounts and investment managers and strategies.
- Maintain and regularly update databases of investment information.
- Calculate and verify client-related investment data and statistics.
- Help to produce client-ready quarterly and monthly reports, including reviewing data for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Investigate and resolve performance discrepancies; reconcile and validate results, ensuring that asset transfers and prices are appropriately reflected.
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s Degree with evidence of strong academic achievement.
- Sound understanding of economic and investment theory and practices.
- Ability to gather, organize, and analyze data from disparate sources.
- Strong quantitative skills, including an aptitude for financial and statistical concepts.
- Superb digital literacy, including facility with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skill at analyzing, evaluating, and reviewing quantitative information.
- Excellent attention to detail and organized work habits.
- Independently work and proactively seek new responsibilities
About Meketa Investment Group
Meketa Investment Group is an employee-owned full service investment consulting and advisory firm. We work with some of the nation’s largest and most sophisticated institutional investors including public and private plan sponsors. We have a staff of over 200 employees among our six U.S. office locations and London.
Meketa recognizes that our workforce is a reflection of our company, and we operate in an inclusive environment that accepts and promotes diversity. We believe our employees can best serve our clients in an atmosphere where individuals are treated fairly, where professional growth is developed and encouraged, and where a healthy balance between work and home life is respected and preserved. To support employees, Meketa offers a competitive compensation structure, a wide range of benefits from core insurance benefits to time-based benefits, as well as flexible schedules and support for continuing education.
Meketa is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us.