Role: Client Success Manager
Salary: $70,000 / year
Experience: 3 – 5 years
Location: Washington D.C. preferred. Remote available on a case-by-case basis
Start Date: March 1, 2020
Full Job Description
MemoryWell is looking to add an experienced Client Success Manager to our rapidly growing team. This is the first hire for our customer success team and this person will have the responsibility for building the foundation, procedures, and reporting standards for customer success. This position has the opportunity for equity ownership, growth, and will have a material impact on our company.
MemoryWell’s goal is to empower care providers to put people, rather the diagnoses, at the center of their care plan. We are a healthtech company bridging empathetic care with big data.
We are a small and fast-moving team of 8 people and looking for a Client Success Manager to ensure each of clients are successful at deploying and using our products and services.
This position will report directly to the Chief Content Officer.
As the Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for connecting with our diverse clients and helping them succeed with MemoryWell. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Take ownership of our client relationships and serve as the main point of contact throughout the entire client lifecycle
- Onboard new clients into our ecosystem and provide ongoing guidance to ensure successful adoption
- Drive adoption, retention, and growth of our products among our clients and their patients by understanding their business needs
- Maintain a cadence of communicating with clients about their patient adoption, care staff feedback, and creating opportunities for deeper engagement
- Identify opportunities for clients to become MemoryWell champions (e.g. testimonials, case studies)
- Support sales team throughout the sale process and transition to post-sale
- Work with our sales team to identify inside sales and growth opportunities within our existing client base
- Represent the voice of the client and their patients to inform our sales process and product roadmap
- Lead online trainings, webinars, consultations, and one-on-one demos to educate customers on the features of our products
- Build, own, and execute new client success and onboarding plans
You Will Work With…
Chief Content Officer – Michael Alison Chandler
Michael was a reporter at the Washington Post, covering local and national news, including education and social issues affecting families, including caregiving. One of her first forays into professional journalism was a radio piece she produced for NPR about her grandfather, who had Alzheimer’s disease. She recorded his life story when he was living in a memory care community and turned those recordings of his life story into a radio documentary that aired on Weekend Edition.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in post-sales/account management role
- Practical knowledge of healthcare business processes including; CMS reimbursements, clinical coding, zee-map coding, value-based care
- Experience collecting, structuring and analyzing large data sets
- Working with social determinants of health (SDoH) data a big plus
- Experience working with large and medium enterprise customers
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong internal and external client relationships across all levels from customer to C-level
- Experience with online training programs and keeping customers engaged virtually
- Ability to plan, execute, track KPIs, and drive improvement on a continuing basis to support performance management
- Experience working with sales CRM (Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.)
- Demonstrated aptitude in client interaction, including the ability to successfully manage client expectations and meeting client’s needs
- Values culture and has positive mindset and outlook
MemoryWell is putting the person in person-centered care, one life story at a time.
We’ve built a digital platform for health care providers that replaces legacy intake questionnaires with brief, professionally written stories. Using our automated process that matches writers with patients that our clients send us, we are able to capture hard-to-get and valuable patient SDOH data, improve care outcomes, and boost patient happiness. Our proprietary network of +700 professional writers interface directly with patients and their families to create a pleasant intake experience that 94% of users love.
MemoryWell grew out of the experience our Founder, Jay Newton-Small, had caregiving for her father, who had Alzheimer’s. When she moved him into a senior community, she was asked to fill out a long questionnaire about his life. This made no sense: who would remember pages of hand-written data points for 100+ residents in that community? Instead, as a longtime TIME Magazine correspondent, she wrote his story for his caregivers and pasted it on the walls throughout the community. It transformed his care. Two of his caregivers were Ethiopian and they’d had no idea Jay’s father, Graham, had lived in Ethiopia for years early on in his career with the United Nations. They became his champions, sitting for hours asking him what it was like to work with Emperor Haile Selassie.
Seeing the impact her story had on her father’s experience was enough to influence Jay to transition from her role at TIME to launch MemoryWell.
We are graduates of the most recent class of Techstars: Future of Longevity, Mass Challenge, and MIT Solve. Our story has been featured in the Washington Post, CBS Evening News and on NPR, and we are telling new stories every single day.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000 per year
Equity: Available for this position
Benefits: Employer sponsored medical/dental/vision, 401k, 401k matching, paid-time off
We are currently working fully remote. This position will be required to report to our office in Washington D.C. once it is determined safe to do so. Permanent remote positions may be granted on a case-by-case basis.