Design & Product Development Intern (Part-Time, Spring 2021)
Are you social? Do you love fashion? Are you passionate about female empowerment and non-profit work? Us too.
Now that you’re here…how does a 3 month remote internship with our team in Panajachel, Guatemala sound?
Mercado Global is a leader in the ethical fashion movement, with a mission to empower and educate women in Latin America. Our unique production process allows hundreds of Indigenous women to earn income from traditional weaving jobs while participating in educational workshops. Partnering with donors, retailers, and artisans, we are reshaping the world to be more ethical, sustainable, and just – for all of us.
A quick overview:
This intern will report directly to our Design and Product Development Manager, assisting with outreach to the local artisan co-ops and organizing the development details for new collections and their production. This position is unpaid, however academic credit is available!
What would I do?
- Assist in CADs for seasonal collections and product development
- Assist in Fabric Sheets creation and update
- Make a lot of catalogs, and then keep them updated
- Fabric and details
- Update and organize fabric and details catalogue
- Own photography and photo organization of seasonal collections, fabric development and product development
- Assist on the creation of production guides for seasonal collections and product development.
- Assist in creation of seasonal WIP reports (Work In Progress reports), and update when necessary
- Assist with the preparation of price sheets
- Assist with other design / product development / production related tasks as necessary
- Attend weekly design / production meetings
What skills and experience do I need?
- Ability to work part-time, for 3 months
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English and/or Spanish
- Ability to exhibit professionalism, tact, and diplomacy in a confidential environment
- Interest in Mercado Global’s work
- Demonstrated interest in non-profit development and international work
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivation and drive
How do I apply?
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Don’t forget to indicate “Design & Product Development Intern” in the subject line of your email!