Development Intern (Part-Time, Spring 2021)
The Development Intern will be a part of the Mercado Global Development Team, based remotely.
The Development Intern will gain broad exposure to non-profit management and fundraising, including development operations, donor communication, grant-writing, social media, event planning, logistics, donor visits, and research.
This position will report to the Development & Marketing Manager that is based in Guatemala. Start dates flexible. This position requires a minimum commitment of 3 months and can be either full or part-time. Unpaid but academic credit is available if intern is a current student!
- Assist in development and implementation of donor communications
- Conduct donor and conference research
- Assist in writing grant proposals-Help maintain donor database
- Assist with aspects of event planning and logistics
- Assist with planning for donor trips and visits to Guatemala
- Support with translating materials in Spanish and English
- Support and implementation of social media and MG Blog
- Current or recent college graduate from an accredited four-year institution, graduate students also welcome
- Demonstrated interest in non-profit development and international work
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of database management preferred
- Understanding of social media preferred
- Ability to exhibit tact and diplomacy in a confidential environment
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and balance competing demands and priorities
- Spanish proficiency is strongly preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel
- Enthusiasm for Mercado Global’s mission
- Flexibility, drive and a sense of humor
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to indicate “Development Intern” in the subject line of your email!